Before making a formal statement ask:
- Are you being compelled to provide an interview and/or statement?
- Are you allowed to review the statements of other witnesses prior to giving a statement?
- Are you allowed to review forensic reports prior to giving a statement?
- Are you allowed to see body camera recordings or other audio/video evidence prior to giving a statement?
* March 2017, by Stephen Thayer on behalf of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund. This document is provided as a summary overview. Contact your attorney for detailed guidance. Also, refer to related documents on our website, www.policedefense.org